In its 4th year running in Malaysia, Vans Musicians Wanted 2020 is back, taichi-ing COVID19 by going fully virtual on a much bigger scale. For this year’s edition of Vans Musicians Wanted, contestants will face reviews by international judges which includes Grammy award-winning artist, Anderson .Paak, British singer-songwriter Nilüfer Yanya, hip hop artists J.I.D and Bohan Phoenix, and Tierney Stout from Vans Global Music Marketing.
The Vans Musicians Wanted competition began in 2015, as a program to directly enable undiscovered local artists and musicians, by giving them a chance to submit their original music and a chance to be discovered by a wider audience.
In Malaysia, the program has been a jump-off point for many local artists which includes past winners Lawalah Familia, Lukarts, Kapow, and Mafidz.
For this year’s prize, the final winner will get:
– Share the stage with Anderson .Paak at House of Vans
– Feature in VANS SPOTIFY audio ads
– Vans Musicians Wanted customized Fender Guitar
– A music video produced and promoted by Universal Music Group
– Unlimited digital distribution by SPINNUP for one year and guaranteed exposure in 3 Universal Music Group-owned playlists
The top 5 finalists (one each region, with Malaysia being one of it), will get:
– Free album distribution for 1 year by SPINNUP
– Playlisted on Vans Spotify & Apple Music
– Music added to GOBIG! Library
– Fender Player Series Guitar and accessory pack
– Assigned a Fender Regional Rep
– Premium gifting from Vans
Submit your demo now!
Looking at the past Malaysian winners, it’s quite clear that Vans Musicians Wanted is open to all types of music and languages, and not tied down to any trend or genre.
The competition is now open for demo submissions, from the 2nd to the 30th of September 2020. Submit your demo here! or click on the banner below.